Click on the photos below to read and learn about each Climate Changer's story.
"I CHANGE through personal and professional leadership, through using law and advocacy, and by inspiring others to fight climate change."
– Inder Comar, Founder of Just Atonement Inc.
“I CHANGE by raising awareness of the people of Kiribati and others who will have to migrate from their homes because of climate change.”
– Brady Fergusson, Climate Activist
“I CHANGE and realize when Mother Nature needs help, she turns to the farmer, for it’s the farmer hands that soothes the soil and plants new life from a tiny seed.”
– Karen Washington, Founder of Rise & Root Farm, Co-Founder of Black Urban Growers
"I CHANGE people's perspectives on climate change by making it relevant to their lives. This ranges from making it personal to how it is affecting what they eat."
–Mike Hoffmann, Cornell Institute for Climate Smart Solutions
“I CHANGE by walking my talk and showing others how easy it is to be the change they want to see in the world."
– Brad Smith, Boulder County Sustainability Communications Specialist
"i change through supporting my daughter's Save Our Seas initiative, which lets young people know they have a critical voice in ocean conservation, and inspires positive action."
– Kathryn Besemer, Three at Sea
“I CHANGE by providing vulnerable communities with the tools and resources needed to address intensified threats they face due to climate change and institutional discrimination.”
– Marcus Franklin, Environment and Climate Justice Advocate
"I CHANGE the way we frame sustainability to include social, economic and ecological systems as we work to achieve well being for all, forever."
– Lyn McMurray, Edgewood College Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program Director
"I CHANGE and do my best to provide planet-friendly cleaning solutions and to explain the impact each of us has on our personal and global environments."
– Steve Zeitler, Co-Founder of Citra Solv natural cleaning products
"I CHANGE by advocating for strong national environmental policy and ultimately enjoying the beauty of nature."
– Allison Springer, Campaign Coordinator for Outdoors America
"I CHANGE by advancing energy efficiency in the built environment and sharing successes and lessons learned to those who want to reduce their facilities' carbon footprint.”
- Chris Bowyer, Alliance Center Manager
"I CHANGE by responsibly making wine that helps people connect with their environment."
– Shannon Brock, Co-owner and Manager of Silver Thread Vineyard
"I CHANGE the minds of Bangladesh's next generation by teaching about climate change so that they can be a force for positive change now and in the future."
– Shamir Shehab, Founder of Bangladesh Youth Environmental Initiative
"I CHANGE by doing locally while thinking globally."
– Carlos J. Perez, President, NicaForest Plantations S.A.
"I CHANGE to positively demonstrate forward thinking and alternative methods of construction and development and to educate our visitors on the technology and benefits of renewable energy."
– Mike Nolan,I-Square Owner
“I CHANGE by accelerating the greening of China, because a green China is the key to a healthy world.”
– Peggy Liu, Chairperson, JUCCCE
"I CHANGE by highlighting the amazing opportunity of clean, renewable energy to not only protect our climate but also make our world a better place for everyone."
– Michael Brune, Executive Director of Sierra Club
“I CHANGE by presenting a new psychology of climate action.”
– Per Espen Stoknes, Economist and psychologist
"I CHANGE by empowering others to have breakthroughs in their personal and political power as citizen climate lobbyists."
– Susan Secord, Colorado co-coordinator for Citizens' Climate Lobby
“I CHANGE by making collaboration a key in reducing my community’s emissions and creating a just economy.”
– Karim Beers, Coordinator of Get Your Green Back Tompkins
"I CHANGE the way everyday people view their everyday impact on the world. We can cover more ground when we all take small steps together."
– Maury Argento, Founder of Filosano Eco Fashion
"I CHANGE by preparing communities for severe weather and ensuring we ALL live in a Weather Ready Nation"
– Garry Harris, Founder & President, Center for Sustainable Communities
"I CHANGE the conversation about how design and digital behaviour influence our climate and our planet's future."
– Andrew Boardman, Founder of Manoverboard Inc.
“I CHANGE what I can and forgive myself for the things I haven’t yet accomplished.”
– Mark Golden, CEO of Golden Artist Colors
“I CHANGE the campaign for clean energy by creating a commercial success in the solar sector to help show the way.”
– Jeremy Leggett, Founding Director of Solarcentury and Chairman of SolarAid
"I CHANGE my career to fight climate change."
– Nick Goldsmith, Sustainability Coordinator, City and Town of Ithaca, New York
"I CHANGE perceptions in small-scale fishing villages by engaging local youth to build social-ecological resilience through the power of play and nonviolent communication."
– Emi Koch, Founder of Beyond the Surface International & Graduate Student, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
“I CHANGE by striving to make solar affordable for local home owners and businesses.”
– Christie Mosch, Partner, VP Operations of Qwiksolar
“I CHANGE the climate change focus to the age of the neighbor investor where sustainability is measured one square mile at a time.”
– Naomi Davis, President & Founder of BIG, Blacks In Green
"I CHANGE the way people communicate about climate change by showing positive impacts individuals can have."
– Jim Armstrong, Founder and Program Director of Climate Changers
“I CHANGE the dial on climate change by celebrating one remarkable, mid-career leader annually, around the globe. Our (Sir Edmund) Hillary Laureates are fronting the challenge and forging a renaissance future!”
– Mark Prain, Founding Director of the Hillary Institute of International Leadership
"I CHANGE by working with governments and businesses to change behaviours at scale in areas like recycling, saving water, energy and reducing food waste."
– John Drummond, How on Earth sustainable behavior change